Real Estate Agent Marketing Statistics 2023-2024
- Digital marketing accounts for 54.2% of real estate agents’ total marketing budget in the U.S. and is expected to increase to 58.6% in 2023 (Statista).
- 794.5 million active social media users will be in North America by 2023
- 45% of all home buyers used online resources to find their dream home
- Most U.S. real estate agents spend between $100 and $499 monthly on digital marketing
- 8.4% of real estate agents in the U.S. used email marketing
- 23.1% of real estate agents in the U.S. used content marketing
- Facebook is the one of most lucartive social media platform amongst real estate agents in the U.S., with 83.1% having an active account
- Around 39.6% of all U.S. real estate agents use organic search, while 24.2% use paid search for referrals
- 43.3% of all U.S. real estate agents use mobile advertising, while 18.8% use video advertising
- 32% of real estate agents’ leads came from digital marketing in 2020.
- 81% of buyers used a real estate agent to purchase their most recent home.
- Video content for real estate agents was up 400% in 2020.
- 48% of agents surveyed create content through blogs, and 20% write press releases.
- 43% of U.S. agents rely on referrals, 28% use traditional or non-digital marketing, and 10% primarily use digital marketing.
- 54% of agents said they learned about new technology by reading online articles and watching videos.
- 58% of agents rely on tech coaching for training.
Real Estate Agent and Realtor Marketing Stats
Digital marketing accounts for 54.2% of real estate agents’ total marketing budget in the United States. This figure is expected to increase to 58.6% in 2023. Furthermore, it is likely that by 2023, there will be an estimated 794.5 million active social media users in North America, which is up more than 8 million from 2022. Moreover, a survey conducted by Deloitte showed that 45% of all home buyers used online resources to find their dream home. Additionally, It has been estimated by eMarketer that in 2020, most real estate agents in the United States spent between $100 and $499 a month on digital marketing.
Recent National Association of Realtors research indicates that real estate agent marketing is gaining popularity. Preliminary 2023 data shows that digital marketing and promotion through social media, email, blogs, and websites generated an average of 32% of agent leads. Additionally, 81% of prospective buyers used a real estate agent when purchasing their most recent home. Another source found that video content for real estate agents was up 400% in 2020, suggesting that savvy agents utilize multimedia content to stand out from the competition.
In 2021, survey respondents mentioned that their content marketing strategies mainly focused on social media and website updates. 48% of agents surveyed said they create content through blogs, while 20% said they write press releases. Moreover, 24% of agents reported they began content through social media posts, and another 24% said they created content via email campaigns.
43% of U.S. agents relied on referrals for obtaining new business, 28% primarily used traditional or non-digital marketing, and 10% mainly used digital marketing. Furthermore, an article from Inman found that 54% of agents learned about new technology from reading articles and watching online videos. In comparison, 58% said they rely on tech coaching as their primary training means.
Realtor Marketing Facts
The market size of the global real estate industry will reach $2.6 trillion in 2023. Additionally, Forbes predicts that the number of real estate agents will increase by 24% in the next few years. There is a growing demand for real estate services due to population growth, economic expansion, and technological advances.
Over 54% of real estate agents have a website and use social media platforms to reach potential clients. Moreover, almost 55% of real estate agents use email marketing campaigns to promote their services. Additionally, more than 30% of real estate agents invest in online and offline advertising to stay competitive.
Real estate agents can create a competitive advantage in the marketplace by leveraging digital channels. Furthermore, creating a digital presence allows agents to build trust with potential customers and provide better customer service.
These real estate agent marketing statistics show that digital marketing is essential for modern real estate agents, and many agents have realized the potential to create content through multimedia channels. Agents now rely on technology and social media to grow their clientele, making staying up-to-date with industry trends essential.